Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Public Service Announcement

I feel as though I am being called to impart a crucial bit of wisdom today.

It's about your driving.

I'm going to make a list of Do's and Don'ts (that doesn't look right, but who are you to judge me?). I would like for everyone to print out ten copies. Place one copy somewhere visible within your vehicle and give the other nine to those that you think will benefit the most. It's not particularly funny, but I feel as though I have to forsake the humor in order to conduct my civil duty.


DO's and DON'Ts of Driving
by Celeste

DO drive the speed limit or above. Driving above the speed limit is not endorsed by your local law enforcement, however, it is endorsed by me. It's up to you to weigh the pros and cons of disappointing either one.

DO stay in your own lane. The pretty yellow and white stripes going down the middle are not decorative.

DO stop for all police, ambulance, fire trucks, and funeral processions. Have a little class. Your $1 cheeseburger can wait.



DON'T pull in front of another driver only to turn three blocks down. Or drive like Granny after cataract surgery. Either one is unacceptable.

DON'T suddenly lose all common sense when confronted by a four-way stop. It's all about taking turns. We learned this when we were three. Well, most of us. Either way, the concept is simple.

DON'T stop twenty feet behind the car in front of you at a stoplight and then inch your way forward a foot at a time while the light is still red. You will not, I REPEAT, will not make the light turn green any faster. All you're really doing is encouraging me to give you a gentle bumper tap.

DON'T think you'll just follow the car ahead of you and make that left hand turn after the light has hit red. All you're doing is holding up traffic going the crossways, and you know what? They are the vehicles that will be following you in about 2 seconds.


Now, I'm sure this post will be edited as I (or you, reader) think of more.  Just remember, when in doubt, get the crap out of the way if you see a green Town and Country behind you.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddya think about that?